What’s this app all about?
This app helps refugees and newcomers find the information they need most. The app provides lots of locations in different countries: available at the moment are Austria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Malta, Portugal, Switzerland and UK. We are working on other countries to follow. Please contact us if you want to help provide information for another country and use the crowdsourcing function to add more helpful info if they are missing in existing countries.
Even when you’re offline, the app still works for navigation and events. All locations and events are stored on your phone so you can navigate to locations using the compass function if you are disconnected from the Internet.
The app will also help you communicate during your travel and stay. The app is multilingual and always displays information in two languages, so it can be used as a communication tool. The phrasebook provides a lot of basic phrases you can use in another language.
When you’re new in a city or area, it will be great to connect with people in the neighbourhood. In the app, you find a local events agenda, with events for refugees and newcomers. Think about language café, cultural activities, sports and meet-and-greets with people from the area. It will help you to integrate into your new place.
Various media clips give you insight in your new culture or you can listen to what others experienced in the integration process.
Other highlights of the Love-Europe app:
- Navigation through Europe in a growing number of countries
- Map with very helpful information for refugees and newcomers to Europe
- Offline navigation available
- Bilingual display of information to help communicate
- Library of helpful basic sentences in many languages
- Interesting nearby events for refugees and newcomers
- Add your own local initiative via crowdsourcing
- Media center with a collection of interesting videos and audio programs for refugees and newcomers
- “Buddies” will connect volunteers and refugees in a personal way (in development)
Please note that we’re continuously adding more information to the app, so stay tuned!